According to Box-Office Mojo , after leading Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle to Sony’s highest domestic release of all-time (403 million), Dwayne Johnson arrives with his latest action film, Rampage, from both Warner Bros. and New Line.
Loosely-based on the popular Video-Game of the same name, the Brad Peyton-helmed film, which opened in 3,100+ theaters, has locked in $2.4 million, from Thursday evening showings. The film is currently expected to open at #1 with an impressive $34 million (in just 4,100 locations).
Fellow weekend newcomer is the Blumhouse Production Thriller, Truth Or Dare, (starring Pretty Little Liars alum, Lucy Hale) which is to compete against last weekend Horror movie, sleeper-hit A Quiet Place .
The PG-13 Horror flick grossed a less-than-scary $750,000 during its late Thursday night shows (in just 2,400 locations). That is ahead of the 656k in preview gross of Unfriended, which opened with $15.8 million, in April 2015.
Truth Or Dare is expected to open at #3, with $16.5 million (in 3,029 locations).
Last weekend’s #1 film, Quiet Place (from Paramount Pictures) has recently grossed a total of $67 million (domestically), with an International total of $92 million. The film is expected to earn $30 million (in 3,589 theaters locations), at the #2 spot, this weekend.
Weekend Box-Office Estimates (From Box-Office Mojo ):
- Rampage (4,101 theaters) – $34.0 M
- A Quiet Place (3,589 theaters) – $30.0 M
- Truth or Dare (3,029 theaters) – $16.5 M
- Ready Player One (3,661 theaters) – $14.2 M
- Blockers (3,418 theaters) – $12.0 M
- Black Panther (2,180 theaters) – $6.0 M
- I Can Only Imagine (2,563 theaters) – $5.1 M
- Isle Of Dogs (1,939 theaters) – $5.0 M
- Sherlock Gnomes (2,116 theaters) – $3.7 M
- Tyler Perry’s Acrimony (1,332 theaters) – $3.6 M